Cross contamination from different parts of your facility into your clean zone will cause production and environment control problems. Contain your critical areas easily with our dividers to contain the cross contamination and to efficiently make any area a clean envoronment.
- Download a free white paper: 13 Easy Steps to Cutting Your Energy Costs by 50% (Adobe .pdf - 1.2 MB)
One solution is to partition off those unused areas. You’ve thought of this and you know this would save you money. But, if you’re like most, you’ve investigated permanent wall construction…and you’re still reeling from the sticker shock. The ROI numbers just don’t work.
But, what if you could divide those room areas for one-tenth the cost of permanent walls?
Vinyl warehouse divider curtains are a great energy saving device that cost one-tenth as much as permanent walls or barriers and are effective at cutting energy bills by partitioning off unused warehouse space.
Why Available vinyls Would Not Meet All Our Requirements
We know you're aware of vinyl dividers and, we also know that your opinion of them might not be favorable one. Here are some of the things we've heard a) they're made of low-quality material, b) they break, c) they'll get me fined by fire inspectors. That's what we used to think too.
You're right: the cold, hard fact is that many divider curtains use poor quality vinyl and have a low tolerance to abuse. They don't meet code. Many of them last only a single season. Totally unacceptable.
Which is why we went on a quest - a mission - to find a better solution for you. The head of our research and development team set out to find the best vinyl possible. He investigated over 20 different suppliers and just as many varieties of vinyl. Four months worth of exhaustive research.
But after all that searching and testing, all he found was vinyl that
- lacked adequate finish to provide proper protection
- had weak scrim strengths resulting in low durability
- contained lead which resulted in poor flame-resistance tests, sure to get the attention of fire marshals or OSHA inspectors.
We were beginning to think we'd have to give up on a finding a vinyl that would satisfy all your requirements, for a cost that would give you a great return-on-investment.
But instead of giving up, we decided to design our own… and what we discovered in an odd looking design would allow us to shatter the previous limits of vinyl strength and tenacity.
How we created a vinyl that would meet all your needs. A vinyl strong enough to earn the name "STEEL"
We started by spec-ing out a "super vinyl". A vinyl that would
- boast an R-value of 1.14 or higher, high enough to guarantee you energy savings
- meet the strictest of codes for flame resistance including CFM, NFPA-701 and ASTM E-84 protecting you from fines
- protect against mildew
- protect against harmful chemicals
- protect against UV rays
- protect against heat up to 200 degrees
- provide cold crack resistance down to -20 degrees
- provide the highest tensile and tear strength on the market
- be affordable enough to give you an attractive ROI.
Obviously, this wasn’t going to be easy. The biggest problem our engineering department faced was the poor scrim strength of most of the vinyl on the market. There were a handful of strong vinyls available but they were prohibitively expensive. To create a tougher, longer-lasting curtain, we had to somehow increase the scrim’s tensile and tear strength because ninety-five percent of a vinyl’s tensile and tear strength comes from the scrim.
To achieve this, our engineering department created something completely unique. A tri-lateral (three-directional) polyester scrim design. It may look odd compared to traditional vinyl patterns, but it was cost-effective and, most importantly, boosted the tensile strength of the vinyl to over 406 pounds per square inch. That’s more than EIGHTY-FOUR PERCENT stronger than a standard 9x9 denier 1000 row scrim! This is the strongest scrim we know of…quite possibly the strongest scrim ever created. It’s so strong that this 16-ounce vinyl out-performs standard 18-ounce, 22-ounce, even 26-ounce vinyl! It’s stronger, more resilient, and meets fire codes standards that the other vinyls can’t match. Read the rest of the story here…
Areas of Use
- Machine and Manufacturing Separation
- Dust Containment and Control
- Assembly Areas
- Paint Primer, and Prep, Areas
- Food Processing and Prep
- Welding and Grinding Areas
- Pharmaceutical Production
- Aircraft, and Large Machinery Bays
- Chemical Over Spray
- Metal Shops
- Semi-Clean Rooms
- Wood Chipping